Sunday, May 3, 2009

Bros and friends- one in the same.

It is unusual that I post twice in the same day, but today I had something on my mind that I wanted to share. I believe in karma, the golden rule or whatever you might call it. I try to do right with my family and friends. Through all that, you hope that it might come back around. Well today, karma paid a visit.

Recently I gave away a set of '51 chevy truck doors to a friend from work. My wife wasn't too keen on the idea of me giving something away. Especially nowadays. But this friend has always done right by me and I wanted to do the same for him. To make a long story short, when he picked the doors up we got to talking about old junk yards and how they were disappearing. He said that he still knew a old timer that still had some old tin lying around. I asked him to check with the guy to see if he might have some old '40's Ford rims lying around. Two of the rims on my truck are bent and barely balanced. I needed 16" X 5", hard to come by.

This afternoon my friend calls to tell me he has three 16" X 5" rims for me. Awesome. I am truly grateful for all things that my brother and my friends have done for me. Without them I wouldn't be doing any of this. Thanks, you know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment