Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Heroes- real people with real lives

I tend to be a day behind everything that goes on in the world. So when I do get a chance to catch up on what's going on. I am sometimes floored by what I find. Case in point, Steve Sellers.















My heroes or the people that have had a positive influence on my life, are varied and probably strangers to most. One of those "heroes" is Steve Sellers. Steve is a west coast car builder that has inspired me more than a few times. I could break down his resume or I could simply say that he is a "real" person. I say that without ever having the opportunity to meet Steve or seeing him on the latest reality show. What I know of Steve comes from the skills that he displays in his work and the passion in which defends that work. I would tell you to check out his website or his Myspace page, but you would find what I found today. Steve has shut down both and claims that he is getting out of the business. He states that he is ready for a life change. I am truly bummed by the news.

Whenever I would get frustrated or hitting my head against the wall on a project, I would check out Steve's cars and parts. Usually that was all it would take and I was back on track. The word "hero" is a funny word nowadays. Doesn't seem to mean what it used to. Steve was one of the few that I consider to be my "hero". Thanks Steve. I hope you change your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment